CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 2, 2009

Trek, New years, and near the end of my break (NOOOO!)

I just got back from the trek yesterday, which was from december 30- january 1. At first i completely dreaded it and still wasn't very impressed the first day but the people in my group were hilarious and we all got on great. Pushing/pulling a 200 pound cart isn't what i called fun, but we sang and laughed the whole way. Here's a song sample:
Kyrie! Kyrie! Looking mighty cheery in the store! In the store! There was kyrie, kyrie looking mighty cheery in the quarter master store. (You can look that up on your own time if you don't know what it is.)
Overall, it was a pretty crazy yet spiritual experience and sadly i wont have another trek cos they only do them once every 4 years. I also spent new years on the trek which meant no fireworks or anything crazy. And note to self, portapottys are satanic and they stink. I would rather pee in the woods, which i had the experience of doing. Don't pack your belongings in a pickle bucket and you should smell just fine. I am now thankful for toothbrush and toothpaste. Baking soda tastes like crap and I'm sorry this blog is really random, i'm just typing things that come to mind. Oh yeah, you seriously need men to help push a cart through 3 feet of sand and us girls couldn't have done it without them.

0 comments: